corporates & PE
Assisting Corporate Clients
Our team has significant experience assisting corporate clients around the world with advice and solutions.
Our preferred working style is to work side-by-side with client team members at their workplaces from Monday to Thursday. We have found this to be most effective for integrating the deep firm knowledge of the client team members with the analytical tools, best practices, and problem structuring that we bring. This collaborative approach also builds internal ownership of recommendations and transfers skills to build internal capabilities.
Types of corporate projects on which our team have worked, including at Booz & Company, Bain & Company, and Origin Energy, are:
- Growth strategies
- Emissions reduction programs
- Renewable energy investment portfolios
- Corporate venturing fund design
- Wargames to simulate competitive responses to dynamic market situations
- Pricing strategies to cope with uncertainty of input costs
- Supply/demand modelling and the development of low risk sourcing strategies
- Arbitrage option analysis
- Trend analysis to identify new product development opportunities
- Profitable sustainability strategies
- HSE best practice benchmarking and gap analysis
- Utilisation improvement design for manufacturing assets
- Innovation program design
Assisting Private Equity Firms
We provide assistance to private equity firms in the form of due diligence, strategy development and performance improvement.
Examples of due diligence projects completed by our team members include strategic due diligence and valuation of target companies in the following fields:
- Renewable power generation technologies including wind, solar PV, solar thermal, fuel cells, hot rock geothermal, and biomass
- Energy efficiency technologies
- Domestic appliances
- Vehicle braking systems
- High strength steel
- Transport and logistics
- Oil industry and power generation services
- Maintenance services
For strategy development and performance improvement, we work closely with the management teams of portfolio companies to develop solutions which can readily be implemented and recommendations which have been signed off.
We remain sensitive to the nuances of working with portfolio companies, recognising that the investor perspective can differ from that of portfolio company staff – especially when investor decisions can impact heavily on the employment and morale of staff. Confidentiality and discretion are paramount for our private equity work, as for all our clients.
As a recent example of our work for portfolio companies, a number of our team helped a cleantech portfolio company to develop a short term turnaround strategy while assisting its PE company owner to develop a longer term value maximisation strategy for the business which included evaluating various reconfigurations of the firm.